JDDC BULLYING (Cf. GAAB, JCE, JGEC, JGECA, JDD and EBC) JDDC
The board of education prohibits bullying in any form on school property, in a school vehicle or at a school-sponsored activity or event. The administration shall propose, and the board shall review and approve a plan to address bullying on school property, in a school vehicle or at a school-sponsored activity or event.
The plan shall include provisions for the training and education of staff members and students and shall include appropriate community involvement as approved by the board. Students who have bullied others in violation of this policy may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including suspension and expulsion. If appropriate, students who violate the bullying prohibition shall be reported to local law enforcement.
As used in this Policy, the following definitions apply.
- “Bullying” means:
(A) Any intentional gesture or any intentional written, verbal or physical act or threat that is sufficiently severe, persistent or pervasive that it creates an intimidating, threatening or abusive educational environment for a student or staff member that a reasonable person, under the circumstances, knows or should know will have the effect of:
- Harming a student or staff member, whether physically or mentally;
- damaging a student’s or staff member’s property;
- placing a student or staff member in reasonable fear of harm to the student or staff member; or
- placing a student or staff member in reasonable fear of damage to the student’s or staff member’s property; or
(B) any other form of intimidation or harassment prohibited by any policy of USD No. 273.
JDDC BULLYING (Cf. GAAB, JCE, JGEC, JGECA, JDD and EBC) JDDC-2
(2) “School vehicle” means any school bus, school van, other school vehicle and private vehicle used to transport students or staff members to and from school or any school-sponsored activity or event.
APPROVED: August 13, 2007
AMENDED: December 10, 2007
REVIEWED: April 10, 2012
REVIEWED AND APPROVED: January 14, 2013